Grapevine, Texas is full of adventures for kids. On this page we are going to cover some of our ideas for fun things to do with kids all around Grapevine. Please find a brief summary below of each idea and a link to more information on each.
Legoland Discovery Center
Legoland opened in Grapevine Mills Mall in March of 2011. With over 2 million legos inside and over 35,000 square feet of space, there is plenty to see and do for kids of all ages. Lego lovers will enjoy an afternoon spent here.
Sea Life Aquarium
The Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine Mills Mall opened in July of 2011. This underwater fantasy land includes 12 areas to view and sometimes touch aquatic life from all over the world. There is even an interactive quiz trail to help kids learn about all the sea life they are seeing in person. And you do not want to miss the 360-degree tunnel that goes straight through one of the aquariums.
Grapevine Mills Mall
Surrounding both Legoland and Sea Life Aquarium is Grapevine Mills Mall. This mall has over 1.6 million square feet of shopping space. In addition to shopping, you will find book stores, an ice skating rink, a movie theater, lunar mini-golf, a train ride that goes through the mall, and so much more.
Grapevine Spray Grounds
Grapevine opened two new spray parks in the summer of 2012 – Dove Park Spray ground and Parr Park Spray ground. These are located in parks in Grapevine and are open from 8 am to 8 pm daily. These spray grounds are a lot of fun in the summer and are free.
Casey’s Clubhouse is a wonderful playground located within Dove Park. This playground was designed so that kids of all abilities could come here and have fun. This is a truly great park and playground.
Do you ever get tired of looking for things to do indoors with kids in the summer? Paradise Pond is located in first Baptist Church Grapevine. For a minimal fee, you can take kids here to play in several different indoor play areas. It is a blast for kids.
Let’s Pretend Tea Parties
Located in downtown Grapevine, Texas, Let’s Pretend Tea Parties offers up parties for little ones. This place is like a mini-fairy tale for girls that want to dress up and host their own tea party.
Chuck E Cheese
This classic kids pizza parlor offers up games and fun for kids of all ages. It is located outside of Grapevine Mills Mall.
If you are looking for a place to stay that is fun for kids, including an indoor water park, Great Wolf Lodge is a great. With 605 guest rooms, 80,000 square feet of water park, and 5 restaurants, Great Wolf Lodge is an all encompassing destination for fun.
Birthday Party Ideas
- Let’s Pretend Tea Parties (in downtown Grapevine) – Website
- Paradise Pond – First Baptist Church Grapevine (Check out our review of Paradise Pond in Grapevine)
- Community Activity Center – Grapevine Community Center
- Chuck E Cheese – located next to Grapevine Mills Mall
- Legoland Discovery Center at Grapevine Mills Mall
- Polar Ice – Ice Skating Rink in Grapevine Mills Mall – Website
- Camps -Parks and Recreation Summer Camps Listing
- Swim Lessons (same site as above)
- Tennis Lessons (same site as above)
Vacation Bible School
- Soccer – Grapevine Soccer Association
- Baseball & Softball – Grapevine Baseball and Softball Link
- Football & Cheerleading – Grapevine Youth Football