Grapevine, Texas (July 8, 2013) – SEA LIFE Aquarium Grapevine will celebrate the Discovery Channel’s Shark Week from August 4-11, highlighting their expansive collection of sharks and two recently acquired blacknose sharks.
SEA LIFE Aquarium visitors can enjoy a wide range of exciting, interactive family activities that raise awareness about shark conservation.
– Enjoy special shark scavenger hunts lead by an aquarist on Tuesday, August 6 and Thursday, August 8 at 5:30 p.m. for a chance to win fun prizes when you spot the correct species.
– SEA LIFE interactive touch pools will be filled with real shark eggs and teeth and shark-themed videos will play in the cinema all week.
– Discover fun facts about these amazing creatures during special “Meet a Shark Expert” talks held daily August 4-11 at 3 p.m. in the 360-degree underwater ocean tunnel.
– Watch aquarists feed sharks in the ocean tank at 11 a.m. on August 6, 8 and 10. See the shark feedings up close and interact with aquarists with the purchase of a behind the scenes tour ticket. Complimentary behind the scenes tours are available for annual pass holders, Sunday, August 4 – Tuesday, August 6 at 4 p.m.
– Get your camera ready for an opportunity to take family photos with “Sharky” the SEA LIFE mascot on Sunday, August 4 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, August 10 from 10 a.m. to noon and Sunday, August 11 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
SEA LIFE Aquarium
Grapevine Mills Mall
3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway
Grapevine, Texas 76051
Admission is $19 for adults, $15 for children ages 3 to 12, and free for kids 2 and under. Behind the scenes tour tickets are $4.50 for adults and children. Buy special discounted tickets online at www.SEALIFEus.com/grapevine.
SEA LIFE Aquarium Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – attraction remains open two hours after last admission.