Fire Destroys Historic Home in Grapevine

A historic home in the 500 block of Wildwood Drive was destroyed early Friday morning by fire.  Two people were home at the time of the fire and both made it out without harm.    It was reported that it took the work of roughly 40 fire fighters to get the blaze under control.  The historic home which was built in the 1860’s is almost completely destroyed.

The home was said to have once been the home of Grapevine’s first postmaster and was one of Grapevine’s oldest standing structures.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

You can read more at CBS DFW and see photos and video.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This