As you probably have already seen, the decorations have started to go up in historic downtown Grapevine. The celebrations will begin soon.
More from the press release:
Join Mayor William D. Tate as He Welcomes Santa, Tom T. Turkey and the World’s Tallest Elf
Experience the First Snowfall of the Year
Create Christmas Memories with Family and Friends at More Than 1,400 Christmas Events in 40-Plus Days
There is no better place to deck the halls than in Grapevine, the “Christmas Capital of Texas!” Join Grapevine Mayor William D. Tate as he welcomes jolly Old Saint Nicholas, Tom T. Turkey and the World’s Tallest Elf to celebrate the kickoff of Grapevine’s Christmas Capital of Texas on Monday, November 19th.
Create Christmas memories with the entire family in the warmth, glow and magic of the holidays as the city is blanketed with festive cheer. This is a free event.
• Join Mayor William D. Tate as he pardons Tom T. Turkey with the help of Santa Claus, just in time before the Thanksgiving Day meal
• Enjoy a special musical performance by Dallas-based national pop artist Bean, who will perform pop and Christmas themed songs
• Meet the World’s Tallest Elf
• Participate at the kids ornament making station
• The first 200 kids (under the age of 12) will receive a free North Pole Express® hat
• Experience the first snowfall of the year on Grapevine’s Historic Main Street
Kickoff on Monday, November 19
10:30 a.m.—12:00 noon
Christmas Capital of Texas events run through the first week of January
Torian Cabin/Liberty Park
201 S. Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051
Embrace the Christmas spirit as Grapevine kicks off its annual Christmas Capital of Texas celebration with more than 1,400 Christmas events during 40-plus days. The city will sparkle with millions of lights, enormous decorations, animated characters and a whole lot more! From concerts to nightly light shows, parades to classic Christmas movies, glistening Grapevine offers something for every age.