JUNE 14: World’s Largest Swimming Lesson – Great Wolf Lodge is taking part in The World’s Largest Swimming Lesson™ to help build awareness about water safety. Join us in the water park at 10 a.m. to take part in this fun, free* lesson. (*Must be a current guest staying at Great Wolf Lodge)
JULY 4: Freedom Howls, The Sock Theater and The Wonders Band – Join our “Ambassadors of Fun” for an afternoon of poolside delight! Enjoy live music, games and prizes, including a free future night stay in our “Win it in a Minute” Oreo Cookie Contest! Purchase a GWKIDS shirt, and tie die it with the help of our friendly staff. Tie Dye activity is complimentary. Enjoy a puppet show with amazing stories, music and songs from The Sock Theater in the Grand Lobby from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Stop by the Loose Moose Cottage back porch from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. to see The Wonders Band. They are a nationally-recognized, top-40-style band that has performed at The White House and with KC & Sunshine Band.
More information can be found at www.greatwolf.com/grapevine/waterpark.
“Nearcations”: A New Trend in Summer Travel
Great Wolf Lodge Resorts Help Families Maximize Value When Vacation Planning
Since the beginning of 2012, the national average price of gas has jumped 12 percent, according to AAA. As families begin to make their summer vacation plans, saving money and maximizing value have taken on greater importance given these rising prices. For Great Wolf Lodge – the largest family of indoor water park resorts in the United States – an increase in fuel prices means more families may consider taking a “nearcation” to one of its locations.
The “nearcation trend” is an increasingly popular choice for many Americans. AAA reports that this year, families will not cancel their vacation plans this year but instead will opt for more frequent, short trips to nearby regional destinations, such as Great Wolf Lodge. More than 42 million households with children live within 300 miles of one of the 10 US-based Great Wolf Lodge resorts. A visit to a Great Wolf Lodge is just an easy hop in the car away from home – no airfare needed.
Family travel expert and mother of three, Suzanne Rowan Kelleher, knows the importance of finding a vacation destination that’s affordable and offers something for everyone. “Over the years, two kinds of vacations have scored big with families: water parks and “everything-under-one-roof” destinations,” says Kelleher. “Great Wolf Lodge combines both of these trends. It is a leader among indoor water park resorts and offers a wide array of family fun in one great location. “
To help families plan their summer “nearcation,” Great Wolf Lodge resorts and Kelleher offer these simple tips to help stretch each dollar:
· Plan ahead. The best way to save is to plan ahead. Most destinations offer the greatest variety of available room options, package amenities and overall savings when stays are booked in advance. At greatwolf.com, you can view the online calendar and compare rates for your family stay.
· Be flexible. You don’t have to take off an entire work week to have a great getaway. Plan a mid-week getaway, or start your vacation on a Sunday to take full advantage of discounts to area attractions and resort stays during “off peak” days. Added bonus – the resorts are often less crowded!
· Sign up for deals. The best way to find out about money-saving travel discounts is to receive email updates from your favorite destinations. E-mail alerts from Great Wolf Lodge feature special offers and promotion codes that are not offered publicly, giving subscribers the ability to book vacations at the best available rates.
· Prepare the car. Purchases from your local grocery store are cheaper than convenience stores and fast food restaurants en route. Save time and money by pre-buying snacks and drinks for the trip.
· Find the cheapest gas. Nobody wants to pay more than they have to for gas. GasBuddy is a free app that directs travelers to the cheapest gas stations along any route. It also helps you budget for a trip by estimating how much you’ll spend in gas in total.
· Bundle and save. Research package options that include meals and other amenities. Limited time promotions such as “Kids Eat Free” can help when budgeting for meals. Resort amenities and entertainment offerings are also often bundled for extra savings. For example, the Great Wolf Lodge Paw Pass bundles many of the resort’s coolest activities for a 30% savings.
“The summer months are when we see many families choose Great Wolf Lodge for their vacation,” said Nikki Donofrio, senior vice president, brand marketing, Great Wolf Lodge. “Our resorts are the perfect destinations for families who want to maximize their time together and minimize the impact on their vacation budget. Great Wolf Lodge resorts offer everything under one roof, from our indoor waterpark and family suites, to our spa services and kids’ club activities.”
To learn more about Great Wolf Lodge and family travel tips, visit Great Wolf Lodge at greatwolf.com/value.