On Tuesday, October 25th, the City of Grapevine is inviting you, the public, to give input on the future commuter rail station. The meeting will be held at the Founders Building at 701 South Main Street at 6:00 pm. Here are the full details from the City of Grapevine website:
The City Council wants to hear your ideas and opinions for the Tex Rail commuter rail station that will be constructed at Dallas Road and Main Street, in the former Security Manufacturing facility. Come hear an update on the project and share your suggestions.
We at Grapevine Texas Online are very interested in hearing the update on the commuter rail project. We are a little skeptical on the progress being made so far on this project. You can read our commentary on the progress of the Tex Rail right here.
The other question we have is what kind of input, ideas, and suggestions is the city looking for? The meeting notice is so vague it is difficult to prepare any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions at all. We are not sure if they are looking for input on whether or not to build a commuter rail station or if they are looking for advice on paint color.
The whole thing is pretty confusing.
This whole thing is not quite as confusing any more. We have a copy of the agenda for Tuesdays meeting courtesy of the City of Grapevine. Here’s the agenda –
GRAPEVINE PUBLIC MEETING
TEX – RAIL COMMUTER RAIL MAIN STREET STATION
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
1. Welcome and introductions (5 minutes)
2. Summary of TEX Rail project – latest status (The T Staff – 5-10 minutes)
3. Overview of initial TEX Rail station concepts (5-10 minutes)
4. Presentation and discussion on station design issues – 20 minutes max
• Review of transit-related design elements of typical intermodal facilities
• Review of range of options of non-transit design amenities at stations
• Review of TOD principles related to station area
5. Breakout sessions (approx. 30 minutes): Each table to have facilitator with flip chart/markers to ask several key questions:
• What suggestions or ideas do you have about the general design of the downtown station
• What suggestions do you have on specific transit-related elements that you would like to see included at the station?
• What suggestions do you have on non-transit-related design elements you would like to see included at the station?
• What other ideas or suggestions do you have related to the station design?
6. Re-convene – each table reports summary of findings (10-15 minutes)
7. Conclusions – next steps – adjournment (5 minutes)