Here’s our short list of the best places to watch fireworks around town.
1. Rockledge Park – the cliffs of Rockledge park offer spectacular views of the fireworks show. There is a $5 fee per car to enter the park.
2. Glass Cactus Patio – the double deck patio areas at the Glass Cactus (Gaylord Texan) offer up great views. There is typically a cover charge to get into the Glass Cactus. The doors open at 4:45 pm on Monday, July 4th.
3. Lakeview Park – free to enter, but hard to find. Should be great viewing either Friday night or Monday night.
4. Katie’s Woods Park – also free to enter and a great spot, but will be very crowded.
5. Lake Grapevine – get on a boat, but be very safe about it. July 4th brings out the crazies.
We typically avoid the larger parks like Oak Grove and Meadowmere. There are just way too many people there making it difficult to do pretty much anything.
Remember to get there early to get a good spot where ever you end up watching the fireworks shows. There will be the regular Summer Blast fireworks show at 9:30 pm on Friday, July 1st and then the Fireworks Extravaganza on Monday, July 4th at 9:30 pm.
Click here for a full list of Lake Grapevine Parks.