There comes a moment in every man’s life where he no longer wants his buddies sleeping on his couch after watching sports all day. This moment could be right after a man gets married and the wife no longer allows it. It could also be after he has kids and he doesn’t want to see his kids frightened in the morning because “Uncle” Fred is still on the couch snoring long after everyone else has started their day. It might be just after a man invests in his first non-pre-owned couch. Whatever the reason, this is why sports bars exist.
Grapevine is home to many good places to watch sporting events, enjoy good food, and good drinks. Here are our Top 5 places to watch sports in Grapevine:
1. Lazy Bones – Hidden just off of Main Street in historic downtown Grapevine sits what looks like an old house that was converted to a sports bar of sorts. Lazy Bones most likely wasn’t built to be a sports bar. It was likely a house where a guy lived who probably enjoyed having his friends over to watch sporting events. One day this guy thought, why am I giving away free beer and food to my friends? So he decided to throw a sign out front “Lazy Bones” which seemed fitting and started charging his friends to drink his beer and eat his food.
While the place doesn’t look like much, that is part of Lazy Bones appeal. Once inside, you feel like you are home. The beer is ice cold which you would expect. What you do not expect when you walk in is that the food is borderline spectacular. Get the chicken wings you won’t regret it.
120 E. Worth Street
Grapevine, TX 76051
2. Buffalo Wild Wings – One word of advice on Buffalo Wild Wings is to get there early. This place is always crowded on game day. It is probably due to the massive amount of televisions, which cater to every comfortable seat at every angle imaginable.
Buffalo Wild Wings is a great place to meet your friends for the game. It also has a comfortable patio if the weather is nice. The service here is also surprisingly good given the high volume of customers.
1525 William D Tate Ave
Grapevine, TX 76051-3965
Buffalo Wild Wings website
3. Texas Station (Gaylord Resort) – This sports bar located inside the Gaylord Texan is worth the trip even if you are not staying at the Gaylord. The television is 52 feet wide and 20 feet tall and covers the entire wall and can be viewed from almost anywhere. (Yes, I did say feet there not inches.)
Seating is comfortable here and the food is high quality. The only negative is that you are definitely paying resort like prices for drinks. But if you want to enjoy watching the game with your friend, there is not any place like Texas Station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
1501 Gaylord Trl
Grapevine, TX 76051
Texas Station website
4. Tap-In Grill and Pub – This bar in the heart of downtown Grapevine is great for watching a game (or catching some live music). The atmosphere is fun and laid back and there is a huge selection of beers to choose from. There are also plenty of televisions to catch the game on.
120 S. Main St.
Grapevine, TX 76001
Tap In Bar & Grill website
5. Bone Daddy’s House of Smoke – While Bone Daddy’s is more of a barbeque restaurant than a sports bar, there are plenty of televisions and a great bar area if you want to catch the game in the bar. The food here is surprisingly good and the service is one of a kind. While Bone Daddy’s is typically crowded, we’ve never had a bad experience here.
1720 William D Tate Ave
Grapevine, TX 76051-3968
Bone Daddy’s website